Re: LF: SpecLab helps plane hunt

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SpecLab helps plane hunt
From: "iz7slz.domenico" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 19:37:48 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=date:subject:message-id:importance:from:to:mime-version :content-type; bh=l6QXZj96aMOJw35OiaPREaJPak1Y6nkDUFvhsI96xjA=; b=YFDSxiKfWBA82TpfsYXqKGwStZ59oSOUYwedFpx7JmPtLFI5SngG9VYQy6aMQnWHga yZd2Z+dZWGkdYmabeWVJadxNIRkaTlRUmEoPNkhM65Pd7cYLy5TzGkl7f9e9C5SeIDWc OjDTsg9p6HNtc7W7gvpRaR432tnvsXMYVqTsEyUO2yEYhSEGl09q/Oa0SNjDWImiTcsm z8fIL2YTKq3mlo1lff2mvkg9VKHQ7lEU6vFyP1r295PW9xBHwsegVnqgG8p/Kef2EEIs DzKkXOtEflBafcoqMzjFVbgbz8t0oMeQ33WXGgazGuqv5Pi9eedvcApDXjDozahIL7qN yqxA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello all,

Also Voyage Data Recorders (VDR), i.e. the black-box for the vessel, is equipped with an acoustic beacon.

See picture of one VDR "capsule" (protected memory)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/22jk0ht3xx9soag/20131128_145029.jpg
The small cilindred is the beacon.
It is able to send a beep in the range 25 - 50 kHz for a period of minimun 30 days when ship sinks.

During mandatory annual surveys , beacon need to be tested. I use one small "pinger" instrument and Spectrum Lab to do these checks.

Once again thanks Wolf!

73, Domenico iz7slz

Sent from Samsung Mobile