Re: LF: DCF39 wide

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DCF39 wide
From: Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 15:16:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mike,

My grabber showing the same,

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/grabber2.html

But I thought it was the lightning UK south coast & northern France.

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php

73, de Gary - G4WGT

MF-LF-VLF Grabber : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/grabber2.html
Web : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/index.html

.
On 21/04/2014 14:43, Mike Dennison wrote:
Is it just me, or is the new modulation on DCF39 and its companion
just below the 136kHz amateur band much too wide?

Not only is the band wiped out during the data bursts but I can see
traces of them above 200kHz! I have attenuated my input and see no
reduction, so I am assuming my receiver is OK? Of course, I could
have a bad joint on the antenna. Does anyone else see this very wide
splatter?

Mike, G3XDV