Re: LF: Re: U.S. VLF License WH2XBA

To: rsgb_lf_group <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: U.S. VLF License WH2XBA
From: Warren Ziegler <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 10:54:39 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=uqb3mAl/hefXQyC0Wyxnqr0+kdsMwB57risvGidHuAc=; b=rannfbFJkCubUa8ltWgxv8Go0kMZKQzMdtsEdllPjDr6+nmiWrSGdKZkfBZvmi7Uap o83X5xq9cT/559gmnx7iuDP8VMvRNLq5QteM8hylE3/u1AYeGJ1yrtBIy3gN45i/olQH DH5GoInINIUB0IxfvGYTWGyZWqasCgUAyJ1hF40LmF0gz/znpCEpEeBvrZUwjdrzx3GF nPu1Tq1Lh0i8UKremECVhe+xbJEpfvOjMDyFJm24/AwNQP9ErC2GtTCNxsLyoz/qC2Pb hMSTB18OtaVW0qXWe8Gn5EBYcpVVdVQFdwxbS53Ug0RZGL4j7GcTjahKyFnAf0lkhVcc Z+Jg==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alan,

      I agree, there was nothing that I could find that indicated that there would be a problem at 30kHz. I even checked with a well known vlf expert who has done design work for some of the BIG military vlf systems. Somewhere around 70kHz there is a transitional area between waveguide modes applicable at vlf and ray-tracing which is applicable at higher frequencies. The increased number of modes above 70kHz I believe explains the deep fading there as the modes constructively and destructively interfere.
   However, it didn't hurt to ask for the additional frequencies as Dex was able to use an existing loading coil to get on 45kHz within hours of the license being issued!

73 Warren K2ORS