RE: LF: QRSS 120 on 29.499 starts 2200...and NAA

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: QRSS 120 on 29.499 starts 2200...and NAA
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 11:07:36 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Agreed Stefan- this is the "less turns" LF loop not the VLF version Octoloop  Im pre testing and Ill be probably wasting a bit by reducing the Q on the larger one as Ill have more V  - I just wanted to stay away from active preamplification for the moment and see whats really there - blanking efficiency looks ok even with this Q - tuning across the loop passband sounds like a tight <1.8kHz SSB filter :-)
Its not perfect but giving better s/n that my baseline omni which is the right way to be going -

At the moment Im testing using the W@G SLMS  for demod and recovered audio into the outboard soundcard/speclabbut Ill try direct to the Asus card when Im sure Ive got the antennae correct - propagation this winter has just been awful up here and roll on less Solar activity wearing my LF hat -