RE: LF: QRSS 120 on 29.499 starts 2200...and NAA

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: QRSS 120 on 29.499 starts 2200...and NAA
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 10:34:05 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Bob - will be listening - I need to move the passband of the loop down 200Hz so will be tweaking tonight. The Q is very high -

Thought Id share how NAA looks here over the past 24 hrs - I changed the scaling this morning to 90sec so its a little compressed on the right - this was so I can get a full 24 hours replay -

I use, for better or worse NAA on 24kHz as a beacon for you as the 5000Kms land path is the closest I can get - its a little attenuated at the moment as we still have something upthere but gives you an idea of the issues

 The peak sig and s/n NAA appears to coincide with the traces we saw yesterday - Im sure my close in mountains on that bearing arent helping at all, that and the Auroral stuff. There was a weak banded arc of Blue/Green to the North but way less intense than the previous days -

http://kl7l.com/NAA.jpg  (this was on my omni active L400B not the big loop)

Laurence Kl7L We2XPQ Wh2XBA/5
Palmer Wasilla Alaska