RE: LF: 29.499 QRSS

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: 29.499 QRSS
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 16:00:39 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Bob - Ive put a dedicated snapper on 29.499 for the time being

W@G SPM30 - USB demod then into USB Creative soundblaster SB0490 and 17T Octoloop with about 9nF or so - very tight -3dB contour - sounds like a sharp 1.5KHz or sharper filter as you tune across resonance -

http://kl7l.com/Four00000.jpg

Im not expecting much today  - I know how much attenuation we get with DHO38 on a Polar path on disturbed days, its still highly attenuated at this time and Im crossing a lot of lines to your QTH, basically crossing a whole swarth of Auroral oval on disturbed days. We will see - But I feel we will see something sometime..

A sad day here =- lost a yearling Moose out on the lake - fell over and broke its hip/leg and had to be dispatched :-(  second one this year -

Laurence KL7 L  WH2XBA/5   WE2XPQ et al
Palmer Wasilla Alaska