LF: Re: Re: Re: Daytime 29.499 kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Daytime 29.499 kHz
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 17:06:48 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=btcpcloud; t=1394299462; bh=WKMV/K26JF0qIrykVMJa9fj/R+N08WaKTGML4Pm6TW0=; h=Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Mailer; b=OHKq4v59YpHXvlO/IJRRtWypXEUvULlcqTq9yJJ9H9oTjW0qnKTHPFc/PBNQaFXYKPJWk1xXBVJGWUPWt5mpfANk/KfNxdhPKpMO3MI6POwau/7ZAn1nBwDuxy0QGkLb89p1A/WZ2aeL24ZlsofHRmUeASVPHsxAUUejoEnxpd4=
References: <[email protected]> <2662DF5AA7FA416CBB09CDB90BBFF7B1@White> <[email protected]>,<FA723BF050144798AD076EB0C9190D21@White> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>,<A47BA5540C3B42619C724008CDF3A0ED@White> <[email protected]> <2FC5CAB271A6437CB35A5B100185CEDA@White> <[email protected]> <7DB9DD5669FC4C648838510DCAC08AFB@White> <75EE50F214B04B68990F70FD19D33FC9@gnat> <000b01cf3ad5$8ff2c1d0$6401a8c0@JAYDELL>
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jay, yes a quick check on the Dst does not show a drop until late on the 25th (then only to -40nT) which is too late to enhance the SAQ transmissions. There are lots of reasons for variability. I have just seen an article mentioning changes in "transparency" due to "acoustic" waves in the ionosphere. This may only apply to much higher frequencies but I need to buckle down and try and understand the effect, and see whether there is any relevance to LF/VLF

Some Great Work going on!!

Best Wishes
Alan
G3NYK