RE: LF: Re: Ant current

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: Ant current
From: "Hideho YAMAMURA" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 10:32:31 +0900
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=nifty.com; s=mar2011msa; t=1391304756; bh=9Qz62TXvJdnAL7JzLBbZJte1f9k7aVX22u84sp69hz8=; h=From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID: MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=BbZ48QJzErluf9ce53ma4koPDeAE+zzm4wep2aQcqK94gBfJ+3GE1VSsNVw3aDfWW P5rOtrIfGKub8FiUs5GptE/xd5FubeP0p/w4g+xgDPBVv2S4iouZfQpHpvNte0dEjj 8205P4IgVXqRxQVLksYzNpWmemeEUfG0PPn4ANdc=
Sender: [email protected]

LF,

I have experienced that any lossy elements around the antenna affect feedpoint resistance,

and hence antenna current.

With my antenna on the roof, the roofing material was lossy enough,

the antenna mounting "leg"s were lossy,

the feeding wire (PVC) was lossy also,

and covering them with wire mesh, replacing PVC-wire to PE-wire, etc.,etc,

reduced my feedpoint resistance, from about 60ohm to 30ohm, at 136kHz,

when I was using a coil of 15ohm(136kHz) and ground resistance of 10ohm (AF, measured).

A few ohms was left as unsolved unknown loss.

I felt,

ground is an imperfect  conductor, is lossy,

many surrounding materials are imperfect insulator, are lossy,

(the roof, the house, trees, ....)

unless they are chosen to be low loss.

Hideho YAMAMURA / JF1DMQ