LF: Virtual Audio Cable help

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Virtual Audio Cable help
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 11:26:03 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
I have been struggling with running DF6NM's Opera Deep Search (OPDS)
program which uses data from SpecLab. To receive I use an Afedri SDR,
which is better than my old IC-706.

I started with two sound cards, one for the output of the SDR and one
for the SpecLab input. This had worked very well with QRSS and Opera.
However, OPDS appeared to have some problems with this, so I bought
Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) which produced some good results with OPDS
after some fiddling.

But the optimum OPDS settings produced very poor results when using
QRSS3 on Speclab. Also, the performance of the Opera software (which
I want to run simultaneously with OPDS) was much poorer. By adjusting
various parameters on VAC I could get good results from each mode,
but not at the same time.

I tried reading the instructions for VAC, but they are written for
the audio expert and constantly use terms I don't understand. Is
there a simple user guide?

By far the best results on QRSS3 have been with another "virtual
cable" called VB, but this does not appear to allow two connections
(ie SpecLab and Opera) at the same time.

These software devices do not seem to do what they claim - replace
the sound card connections - because they are so very complicated.

Does anyone have some simple set-up advice?

Mike, G3XDV