Re: LF: VLF exciter

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF exciter
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 12:18:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Markus,

Ok .. i had assumed the problem was the flipflop (or binary frequency divider) which would be in an unpredictable state when not fed with a phase-coherent signal "in the gaps" (zeroes in the Opera- or whatever amplitude keyed signal).
This could be solved by providing the auxiliary output from the soundcard (at 2 * f_tx), to keep the divider chain running.
Depending on the MOSFET gate drivers, it may also be possible to feed the 'keying signal' to an output-enable-signal, but I'm not sure if that would put the driver output in high-impedance state (which would result in a catastrophic 'bang' if both FET gates were left floating).

Anyway your suggestion with the xor gate may be the simpler variant than using two different output signals from the soundcard.

73 and HNY,
  Wolf .

(p.s. just managed to build a transformer for a low-voltage MF PA, which transforms 0.6 Ohms drain load impedance to 12.5 Ohm with very low stray inductance.. using copper foil instead of wire, and thin adhesive tape ("Tesafilm") as insulator. But that's another story..)