RE: LF: OPERA overload?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: OPERA overload?
From: Bob Raide <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:00:58 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan;
As I said-band is fuller now than used to be!  I used to run a KW about 45 W ERP 100% time with WSPR2.  It would make occasional SV8 decodes along with almost all western Europeans.  But since last year have been told to cut back to 30% time on and still I heard murmurs like "he already worked everybody 50 times over  he needs more"?!!!  I would tell Jay and Jay told me keep operating but run 25-30% time on-that that was fair.
It's OK-I can understand that and yes am sure is same with you.  You operate 50% on WSPR and it is fortunate that the 50% falls always on same quarter hour.  Otherwise there is many nights no one else on to give sigs for T/A.
I have to say, probably like you, worked most everything on 500 band and if go there run at reduced time on or more to QRP.  We have plenty else going on [new LF-VLF-etc] so works out for everybody just fine-Bob