RE: LF: Lanzarote

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Lanzarote
From: Bob Raide <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:43:11 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Markus;
Are you up and receiving tonight on WSPR 15, 137?  I tried for couple hours but conditions looked bad so went to 74.  Bob

From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:12:53 +0100

No signals were captured here in the Eu / TA / WSPR-15 slots last night.
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26404526/plot.jpg shows DCF39 and HGA22 about 10 dB down on the night before.

Best 73,
Markus (EA8/DF6NM)

Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:38 PM

Hi Stefan, LF.

glad to have caught at least a glimpse from your DFCW transmission around 0:30
Unfortunately no trace of UW8SM's transmissions, and also nothing decoded in WSPR.

Well I have to admit that Stefan's traces here came out hardly better than what had appeared in Tasmania at 16833 km :-( The local RX situation here is truely lousy, with the antenna wire only a couple of meters above the yard, and a short stick in volcanic ashes as a separate ground. This house is not connected to the grid but has a standalone power system, driven by two small wind turbines, a bank of lead-acid batteries, and a switchmode DC/AC converter, which I think is the biggest source of local noise and spurious lines.

We're situated at the foot of a steep mountain ridge, which may further attenuate signals from Europe. But takeoff to the Northwest would be fantastic. The wind from the sea is strong and steady, so next time I'd better bring along some TX gear and a kite on a looong string!

Anyway I'll leave the grabber running for another couple of nights. We'll have to pack up and leave by Tuesday morning.

Best 73,
Markus

Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:44 PM

Hello Markus,

Thanks for trying! I can change to DFCW-90 if you like but let's try in WSPR-15 first. Should be no problem.
BTW you didn't change the your locator in the WSPR program. Nürnberg isn't in EA8, isn't it? ;-)
How long will you stay there?

73, Stefan/DK7FC