RE: LF: KL7...DK7 ?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: KL7...DK7 ?
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:55:13 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan - these is no propagation over the Pole on 137 at the moment - Im looking at DCF39 and its way way below audible levels and just a few dBs above noise using QRSS60 slow. Loads of power line arcing due to the Wx too -

Its been very poor to date and whether this is due to higher flux or just occasional topping up of attenuation particles I can only guess.  You would have thought with K=0 or low it would be a little better but poor on all LF and MF bands beyond 2000Kms, even on 1.8/3.5 it isnt brilliant.  I think we still have some Proton stuff left up there which hasnt shaken down yet...

Yep running a monitor, which shared by other freq captures  both in the 136 and 137 windows.

Nothing more on VLF  at the moment - Im backlogged on keeping the wires up in this nasty weather here and broken "things" to fix on the desk are gathering dust :-) - Freezing rain this morning covering everything - very nasty.

Laurence KL7L