Re: LF: OPDS T/A

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: OPDS T/A
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:37:09 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Jay, John,

thanks both for watching! It's great to know that one more station has "tamed the beast" and got opds working successfully.

Last night I sent only three sequences, starting 21:15, 23 and 1 UT. After that I had to close down due to wet weather (again), and took the TX antenna down in the morning. I hope to be able to resume transmitting on the weekend.

Joe DF2JP had an Op-32 beacon going throughout the night in 100 minute intervals. His station is radiating a good signal, although there seems to be a tiny upward drift which might reduce correlation effectiveness by a dB or two.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:00 PM

I got the OPDS stuff running last night, but no results, either.

There was a weak CME impact this morning, and there may be some other small events to come. This would keep the Dst from recovering quickly, and TA prop depressed until these recently active spots "turn the corner" at the end of the week.

John, W1TAG