LF: RE: 74.5495 QRSS (1of2)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: 74.5495 QRSS (1of2)
From: "hvanesce" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:02:10 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20121106; t=1382709765; bh=H7g+Cbn6tTjoHKdTf6hD0Dm83qqjwCZm4xoifoCmd34=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=TT43kvOLTrfK54UkEAbMRuh+toAqe8o5F3TvW9HaGdoKeku3bP0CTWcYX2Nxwzxfr QqIsB50Sqo4Pt4vUEmbmrQAlg8qJGJwy+NqtfjDJoxApll5Wr/jPuxF7yLS+ZlSdBy 8Wyy86uqBeHSpQgbQwjnu2K+tiZkhu5VsDuY/kfsuCQzZHsNzLQrshEI2fZDjVSaXZ 5qniLiYm5gnbMxW5A9XUehdVbA71R6WiViHDjPXaqjlF0sS5Bc1e0aMOMss5v+5t9R 5krjcRNuDufRoFNiHJB77mQGaf0VFjF2a/KVxxCUH09Z83dQRvLpa2yyJXaX+a5tOD Fq1NvwmmkNvZg==
Sender: [email protected]
Mike,

Yes, the fading is very interesting; this is the third night in a week in
which fading differences between signals from Dex and Bob, of perhaps as
much as 10 or 15dB, have been observable, and not coincident with day/night
terminator at either end of either path. These are good conditions for
observing such fading differences (between roughly similar paths) from
spectrogram plots, with SNR at max signal strength still roughly discernible
from Pd and Pfa in the plots (which by mid-winter, with strong overnight
signals, may not be the case). Do you have any thoughts on mechanisms behind
such fading differences between signals from Bob and Dex? The fading
differences have persisted for good portions of an hour or more, and in some
cases have had relatively abrupt (small fractions of an hour) onset (such as
on October 21). Because of the unusual nature of the fading differences on
October 21, I had wondered whether to ascribe them to something unrelated to
ionospheric propagation (although I struggled to imagine what the
alternative might be), until the two more-recent examples appeared this week
including the those in your plots from last night. Do you have any thoughts
on mechanisms? Or possible correlations with any indices?

Great work by all RX and TX stations; great signals and interesting results.

73,

Jim AA5BW