Re: LF: Re: [OT] Quadrocopter antenna

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: [OT] Quadrocopter antenna
From: "Marco Cadeddu" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 20:01:41 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

I just visited the web site of Eurocopter they sell also "already owned"
helicopters, please note: not used but already owned!
This could be an easier way to lift without concerns a lamda quarter even
for 73 kHz!
If I can remember correctly the company should be a german-french joint
venture so could sponsor some test.

Leaving the jokes aside, thanks for think to me as possible investor, I
could give you a small electrical elicopter useful to lift even a quarter
wave for 6m, or a gasoline motor helicopter (10cc) which I guess can lift 1
kg for half an hour flight (but not GPS wizard on board!).

But, then if we are in position to put on the air a full quarter wave on 136
I guess we loose the challenge and be bored very quickly!
I never thought to be able to send on LF from my city lot until I tried, but
leave to you to imaginate how happy and how incredulous was to be detected
almost 3000km away with a micro antenna! It was like to make a qso on 20m
with a 2m rubberduck!

Keep dreaming, enjoy experiments and get fun in all you do: life is too
short!

Have a nice evening here is not a LF evening with thunderstorm in act, but
temperature is lovely!

73, Marco IK1HSS