RE: LF: QRM on 472.5kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: QRM on 472.5kHz
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 22:15:03 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Christian,

there's not much traffic on this small road.
Anyway,at that point there is only a rather soft Dynema rope with a very
thin smooth
wire (DX-Wire UL) attached to it by some zip ties,so probably nothing
hazardous would
happen if the rope fell down.
But it has stood the last 18 years including Kyrill without damage.

Constructing details:
The basic antenna was a 2x46m V-Dipole made of 3mm military grade bronze
guyed
by three 3mm Dynema ropes so you have a 'Y'.
The 42m long feeder is hanging below one of the three ropes,it has to carry
only its own weight.
Last year I decided to make a 2x150m dipole out of the exisisting antenna by
wrapping an ultra light wire (see above)
in a slight spiral manner around the guying ropes going to the end points
(trees) and fixing it
every few meters by zip ties.This UL wire was then soldered to the ends of
the original antenna.

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ