Re: LF: N28 ferrite material useable on MF ?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: N28 ferrite material useable on MF ?
From: "Julian Hardstone" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:41:11 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Wolf - Datasheets for the current Epcos range can be seen on the RS website www.rswww.com which may help further. The N30 ferrite seems to be the successor to N28, and type 212-0926 is the current equivalent at 26.6 × 11.0mm, Al = 4620nH and is ideal for this sort of work, and my preferred choice for rx applications at LF/MF
- Julian

From: "wolf_dl4yhf" <[email protected]>

Hi Claudio,

Thanks in advance.

In fact the OD is 25.6 mm (measured). So 26 mm may be the 'nominal' value.
The markings on the core have almost been wiped off, but besides the "N28", there is another marking "1200" which may be the AL value in nanohenry.

As a layman's test, I wound 3 turns on the core and exposed it to a 20 Vpp sinewave for a minute, and it didn't seem to get warm (about 9 uH). So for a transformer it may be ok.

Cheers,
  Wolf .