LF: RE: DK7FC and DF6NM

To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: DK7FC and DF6NM
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 22:49:48 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
John, thanks again. Your powerline QRM situation seems reminiscent of that at VE7TIL, which at the time has influenced the frequency choice for the current Eu slot. If 136.17 should become particularly nasty we might have to reconsider, but I'd suggest not before the season is quiet enough to allow in-depth monitoring.

We seem to be lucky in that LF powerline QRM has hardly been an issue here in Europe. The one threat which worries me most is a proposed inductive e-car charging system: 3 kW real power, with load-dependent variable frequency around 140 kHz. A couple of those nearby and you're deaf 'n' blind...

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Markus,

I don't have much to show from last night's run, but here it is:
http://www.w1tag.com/temp/FC16JUN13.jpg

I'm at our Maine  QTH, once a very nice receiving location. But with the advent of "smart meters" on the power lines, and some of the other benefits from modern technology, the niceness has gone away.  In particular, there is a loud, stable carrier (part of a cluster of four) at 136.100 that is very annoying. The single phase HV line running through our property is an efficient radiator of all this.

John, W1TAG