LF: Re: 630m Spain

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 630m Spain
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:54:45 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1371668122; bh=LfT+TUiwC5s0ZDCmMLbOqaloVu+s35LN137afg0lOo8=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Rocket-Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=VIcBfh8zTu8tIu9gX3yfp5aR0Q8gndLVP6Yr5KIH3lnlJyD9lO3CbxsID/NGwMGdzp+AkubSXPZuF5UfRGuDP2k8BKlSdEVobU8+wvALNP9dHuFSipePOLZmB3UyPqqF4Mq6f4Z00yqQE5svgwKxRqaRM8pcUDsAAv/UUqKTOMA=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Federico, there could be a number of reasons for your problems.

LF/MF does not travel as well in daylight as it does after dark. You are looking at a 1000km + path so you need good skywave. Operation after dark will give you about another 20dB at the receiver ar ranges greater than 700km

You may be running Maximum allowed power but on these bands it depends where that power is going. The radiation resistance and the loss are in series, and the Rrad is much smaller than the loss. You need to experiment with reducing the ground loss which is probably taking the majority of your available power. Halving the ground loss can in some circumstances give you four times the radiated power.

Good Luck
Alan
G3NYK