Re: LF: RTTY tonight.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RTTY tonight.
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 12:24:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Eddie, LF,

Am 04.03.2013 20:43, schrieb g3zjo:

We make do with Windows, but it isn't perfect. In fact, Windows computers can be extremely annoying. They're full of all sorts of annoying features that just get in our way and slow us down, distracting us from getting work done or doing whatever else we want to do. We'll help you disable some of the worst Windows annoyances.
My sentiments entirely and one day it has to go to be replaced by something modern.
Just mentioned in passing no debates please. :-)
OK :-)

Now, are you prepared to listen for me? This evening i would like to make a QSO, if this is possible. However the data rate is quite high so i assume you need a relative high power to keep the error rate low.
Yes I will listen for you no problem, let me know on here when you want to try. Yes the data bits do not stay long in the same place so it is for you QRO guys or short distance and medium distance with lifts for the QRP'rs.
I slept in very early last evening, sorry, so i missed to do a test on air last night. But today!

Which baud rate and frequency shift is recommended and which frequency?
Follow Gary and be compatible seems sensible, Baud rate used is 50 shift 85 Hz QRG 478.200KHz set you baud rate and shift in Menu - MODE - RTTY - Opions at the bottom of the list.
RRRR.
I will do so :-)

73, cul, Stefan

PS: Is there a possibility to run a beacon message in that program? It is quite intuitive but i didn't find that function.

I look forward to seeing you sigs.

73 Eddie

73, Stefan/DK7FC