Re: LF: Re: Re: Re: Re: DF6NM DK7FC in CT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: Re: Re: DF6NM DK7FC in CT
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 03:13:06 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus,

Interesting new on your side. Congrats to the new DX and the new antenna wire.

For a compact coil of 5 mH you will need 2 or 3 layers, as you say. Maybe you can add some spacing between the 2 layers? A diameter of 30cm or above is necessary.
It's more than 1 year ago since i built my LF coil. Here's a photo from the first Q measurements. I got a Q of about 1000 with that wire. However a higher ratio diameter/length and more distance to the ground would result in even more Q i think.

I guess your heat problem will be solved with the new coil :-) So you may come back to the voltage limit of the antenna or to the power limit of the PA :-) However be careful with the HV. The litz wire is very rare, you know...

73, GL, Stefan/DK7FC