LF: Re: Re: Re: Op-32 correlation results online

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Op-32 correlation results online
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:28:10 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Jay
QRSS is hard to beat, simple straight forward, can be read directly off a screen as it is transmitted/received, no waiting for decodes that might never happen,  can also be read by EAR when the signal is strong enough.
Speed can immediately be adjusted to suit propagation conditions, and QSO mode immediately available.
Data modes that I have observed on the waterfall that do not decode would easily have been read in QRSS mode or even CW
I am not convinced that any data modes that I have seen so far are better or have an advantage over QRSS for weak signal recognization. They might have more bells and whistles like Internet reporting, database info storage etc but this does not give them any advantages in the real world of weak signal detection.

73 gl de mal/g3kev