LF: 472kHz Bandplan or whatever

To: "RSGB LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 472kHz Bandplan or whatever
From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:15:30 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1360577731; bh=5C81L2/z8n5YNaKOppx9PfiORGzdjpZYwXKSGC5U26A=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=Nq4AuDPcntoEUgGaJEIDTWOaRXI8wLJqamvTAB1YHvv96MN2PQ8q96VCJrV220sLy3dzbg/HkCuZGBorOk0wXDIvijiUcENzTC1nA2cSLcy68SrfsCAiBAK5XXMMd4JMy04M20j15khgUXJqes4NS7Kwp0G00nNpdeym0MR/3U8=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,
Re your comment:-
Those shouting most and _expression_ opinions about LF and MF are never heard on the bands.
Surely equal weight should be given to the opinions of those who just listen or run QRP? I have been running 1W RF on the band since January, probably well below your RX threshold, and working a couple of 'locals' regularly. So my opinion doesn't count in your book?
Rik has come up with the most logical suggestion so far. We really do need some sort of organisation on the band, all be it of the 'light touch' variety.
My feeling (which apparently probably doesn't count) is, modes with long carriers should be near the band edges, ideally QRSS near the bottom and others near the top. Filters easily resolve the issue of QRSS being close to faster CW, as you, Mal, pointed out to me some years ago.
Criticising suggestions is all very well, but it would be better if such criticism was supported by reasoned argument or a better proposal.
On another point, someone commented about the 'Subject' in e-mails to this site. I entirely agree with what was said. Not only the mode under discussion, but it has been confusing sometimes in the past when the band is not specified either in the 'Subject', or even the content!
Vy 73,
Chris, G4AYT.