Re: LF: LF es MF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: LF es MF
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:05:42 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Not to  mention  Mal

The  technical   entry point is being  raised  all  the   time  as well  , why  should  new modes  exceed  the  capability of  most stations  requiring  them   have  to  have   GPS locked  frequency  and  time  standards , phase  continuous  carrier  generation    coupled with the  ability to  generate  complex  modulation's  ?

When even  radiating a signal on 500  is going to be a  challenge ? may be  we  should of called  Opera  'limbo' as it technical  requirement  entry point is so  low , its  well under the  under the new-wave  tech-no  radar  , but punches well  above it's   weight .... )

G..

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:09 PM

Laurence
tnx for the info.
The excitement of 136 Khz has long gone when there was no Internet involvement. I used to call CQ on CW or QRSS and QSX 7033 Kcs. The excitement started when I got replies from the USA and Canada to the West and the Russians the East.
and conducted a proper two way QSO, plus lots of CW QSO'S around EU
There is no pleasure churning out a BEACON 24/7 unattended and hoping that someone reports reception via the Internet.
I only Transmit if there is a chance of getting a two way QSO. It worked well back then so that is what I expect now.
The same applies to MF. That band has also turned into a BEACON 24/7 operation most of the time.
Machine handshaking Machine if the Machine is lucky !!
G3KEV