Re: LF: LF es MF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: LF es MF
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 00:23:54 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Roger

Well  , Opera  and  Ros  (mf)  have the  qrg  listed  in the  software  ,  Opera  is   running  on 477 KHz   usb  dial  , the  actual  RF carrier  frequency's  are also  listed  for  these 'dial set'

Note that  OP4   and  OP8  modes  use different   audio / rf  bands  , this  evolved  out of development  to  reduce  false  decodes  , so  care is needed  to  ensure  the  correct  audio  pass  band  is  addressed  if a  stand alone  tx is  used

The  same  applies on  LF  with   136.000   usb  dial  set  being  now  in use  for  over  1  year  , OP8 and  OP32  having  differing   audio/rf  bands .. also  listed  in the  software

 Ros (mf)  (100 Hz b/w) is   listed  at   476 KHz  , this  is a  fixed  audio  band  for  MF-7  ( same  speed as  psk31)  and   MF-2   about  4  times  slower  and  x4  more  sensitive ( equal to  wspr-2)  , the  2  speeds  use the  same  frequency , the  software   detecting which  speed  is  in use

Of course , nothing  is set in  stone , but Tx / Rx  alignment is  needed  for successful  intercept , you  can  tune  over  Opera   upto  50%  after the  start  and   still  decode ( as long  as you stop !)  , but  Ros mode  needs  the  initial  lock frame to be  detected  or  no  decode is  possible

'We' did  place  Opera  / wspr / ros  at the  top  of the  band  , out  of the  way of the  larger  'clear'  mid  band  slot  , but  , for  reasons un-known  (ish) , qrss  and  wspr  remain  mid  band  ,  where  as  dual  monitoring  of   wspr-2  and  Opera  are possible on the  same  dial  set  , 'we'  have  advised  that  Op users maintain the  477  slot , in anticipation  that  wspr  will   migrate  back to  the  band  edge  , possibly   during  the  summer  when the  TA possibility has  receded , following  477  allocation  to the  usa  its not  likely  a  beacon will  be  placed  mid  band , due to the  limited  CW space  Low band , I would  expect HF to  be  allocated  in any  band plans , there  not  being  the  traditional   'voice'  section

73 -G.

Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 10:41 PM

Regarding data on 472kHz band, apart from WSPR and CW (where I know where to operate) where can I find the preferred frequency slots for JT9, OPERA etc? I don't recall seeing this anywhere yet.

This is where a "light touch"  guidance band plan would be helpful.

73s
Roger G3XBM