Re: LF: 137.5kHz WSPR2 tonight

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 137.5kHz WSPR2 tonight
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 00:29:49 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:subject:references:from:content-type:x-mailer :in-reply-to:message-id:date:to:content-transfer-encoding :mime-version; bh=SdZn93XWBtrqH8g01zoDgcHT3b9JsyACxgijouZtj7E=; b=Jq/57bJw8bsdKyU/0DoA8WegzoD39Lq6wFnP96fv/WWGdRbvBVwcV2KbFCMdtUhNTq arGoRd0rNdEqXmmVNfRlK3KNsw94iojB3kTe4PQb3hjK29nOFl5BL2R5EBD05/HspJAg 1EfeA1iudQshtlDYObEgO1cxZRYEo7EolC9vOi+PLJQ/Z0vBB6QCCKE6wFHiD7u4dzZ7 ra/tOzUHdedsES9hmxVO4l9eXCR9gZctO2ni9uBEDYL0fFpF6BRu1QaWbX4IVZcGH2qW cMy46gc6ZQ/6eMDsSUTBDXHePcIyVT+TRKi8oCJ7IaN53BX+zK9blXME2uoOaXd0RzBG qOOg==
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Eddie.

I think WSPR2 is roughly equivalent to QRSS10, so some 5dB(?) better than
QRSS3. It is possible that people did not detect the QRSS3 signal because of
this, but more probable that the "manual" decode required did not happen.

There is NO doubt in my mind that WSPR in all its flavours is an excellent
research tool because of the Internet feedback.

73s
Roger
(137kHz WSPR2 still running overnight)