Re: LF: 472kHz TX without an antenna: it gets better (701km with around

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 472kHz TX without an antenna: it gets better (701km with around 5mW ERP)
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 17:42:54 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
R,

I thought  it  was  established  that  the  ground  did  not  'exist'  for  some  20/40  feet  or more from the  surface  and  as  such, your  using a  loop  with the  bottom  wire   40  feet  lower than the  top  wire ?

This was the  principal  of  ground lying   Ae  .would  not  work  on  salt marshes  , but  for  normal  ground , lossey but  capable  of  supporting  radiation ?

G..

Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2013 5:28 PM

OK, now I am totally amazed....

Just got a WSPR spot from DL-SWL in Germany (JO52hp) at 701km using just the earth electrode system on TX. Please someone, explain why this works as well as it does, especially considering my ERP must be around 5mW at best.

Incidentally G3XIZ is a colossal +7dB S/N on WSPR and I think Chris would be easily workable on CW using the earth electrode system.

73s
Roger G3XBM