Re: LF: DK7FC Over night OP32 ? East coast monitors USA ?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: DK7FC Over night OP32 ? East coast monitors USA ?
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 21:47:14 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Would  be nice if it  where  that  simple  !

PA0A  at the  moment  is  decoding  over  land  to  Moscow ..50%  over each may be  , but  not  showing  at  Iceland , 100%  water  path
in the  past  Moscow  signals  have  decoded  in the  Uk with  3  hours  of  daylight  left  before  dark  !   rn3agc  with  150 watts  (ish) and long  wire

G ..

Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 4:46 PM

Hi G.., LF,

Yes, good point. The path to UA0SNV for example is now in darkness most of the time. However the results are not better than in late august. The same applies for the path to YV7MAE and other DX paths. Another example is the S/N of my night transmissions at W1VD. I remember there were excellent results in april or even may, not much worse than in december, see https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n0vezbcsrhoyvfz/JWLmm0uJZZ?m I also remember LF WSPR (normal, not slow) decodes at W1VD in september but not in november...

Looks like the larger the area in darkness is, the higher the circumference and so the probability to propagate QRN from a nearby zone in daylight. Maybe there is such an effect that partly compensates the better propagation.
All in all it was a noisy night and this evening is noisy as well, at least here i can see some QRN.

73, Stefan/DK7FC