LF: Re: WSJT-X v0.3 r2717

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: WSJT-X v0.3 r2717
From: Joe Taylor <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:47:20 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

To:   Users of WSJT-X
From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

I have been saying that there would be no new release of WSJT-X until after my return from travel on November 12. However, I found some time today to work on the program before my departure. The results are important enough to warrant a new release today. Version 0.3 r2717 of WSJT-X has therefore been posted at

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJTX_03r2717.exe

Changes from r2713 include the following:

1. A bug in the decoder that led to erratic behavior (failed decodes) under certain conditions has been corrected. Decoding is now much more reliable.

2. A valid algorithm is now used to calculate S/N values for received JT9 signals.

3. The header format of recorded *.wav files has been corrected. These files will now play correctly in Windows programs that expect the standard header.

More work remains to be done... but I think you will find the behavior WSJT-X v0.3 r2717 much more reliable than v0.2 r2713. I look forward to receiving your reports!

Once again: I recommend primarily using submodes JT9-1 and JT9-2 until further testing of the slower modes has been done.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT