LF: Re: JT9 yesterday evening

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: JT9 yesterday evening
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 07:26:25 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Markus, Joe & JT9 entusiasts

Finally got my first "15P6715P67WCV" decode last night after quite a few hours of JT9 operation over the past week. It appeared while running tests with WSPR and JT9 operating simultaneously. Because of the disparity between input signal levels between WSPR and JT9 the signal strength in JT9 was about 55 on the green scale. There was also a - 25dB WSPR signal in the passband at the time but I don't believe that was a factor. Backing down the audio input to the JT9 decoder eliminated the false decode. It would appear that "15P6715P67WCV" is related to strong signal input to the detector - either background noise/static or actual signals.

Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/2