Re: LF: Fwd: JT9-1 500 + 1400_ suggestion

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Fwd: JT9-1 500 + 1400_ suggestion
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 19:01:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jan, Joe,

Am 03.11.2012 13:14, schrieb pa3abk:
[...]

Using divider/4 principle can't TX in this mode. (yet)
For WSPR I'm using a modified MP3 (shift 4x) and program scheduler, in case you wondered why I can produce WSPR and not WSJT-x :-)

Another example of the wide varity of transmitter / receiver concepts used below 1800 kHz. Theoretically is very easy to integrate a "shift multiply by..." field in the advanced settings to allow to produce 4x the shift between the dashes so it comes out in the normal level after dividing by 4. This would be very MF user friendly and is desired for a mode on MF/LF. People can use a HF TRX and run JT9 on 160m. After dividing the QRG by 4, we arrive on 630m! (1900 kHz / 4 = 475 kHz)...

This divide by 4 concept will certainly used by many MF amateurs for a longer time.

73, Stefan/DK7FC

PS: I remember that Dl4YHF has added this feature to the digimode terminal to produce DFCW on VLF, which helped a lot.