Re: LF: T/A

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: T/A
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:12:55 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Thanks Jay,

Yes it would be interesting to do the same test with JT9-30. This mode must be the most interesting for weaker LF stn to plan to make a first TA decode for example. So far "we" concentrated on < JT9-2, with some exceptions. UA0SNV decoded me in JT9-10 over nearly 6000 km. But this was with some of the older versions. Probably the newer modes perform significantly better. So maybe its worth to do some first slower tests.

BTW somehow the LF TA path seems to be problematic in the last weeks or months (relative to the time of the year). I remember it was much easier to leave traces like last night in August or September, even more regularly. Can you confirm this observation? Remember your copy in normal WSPR on 137 kHz in August (if i remember correctly).

Another thing that might be interesting for Laurence: I got the information from Yas/JA8SCD that JP1ODJ/JD1 is running a temporary LG grabber at http://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~macoco/JP1ODJ_JD1_grabber.html
This is certainly an interesting QTH and Laurence may make that distance.

I will try it as well from here, however the solar activity reduces my chances drastically... Anyway, i'll run the TX during the entire possible DL-JA opening. Who knows :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC