RE: LF: JT9-30 drfit

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: JT9-30 drfit
From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 10:24:36 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Jay et al

Yep - the stability is good enough at dot 90 and really all I need I do is move the TS870 into the garage as it has a known WOLF proof pedigree in a transverter mode - bit nippy out there at 0F this morning. At least all the capacitors and inductors are thermally cold

I was just writing to Mike ZL4OL to see if he wants to look for me tonight-

Conditions over here have still some ways to go over the Pole at this Geomag latitude and location closer to the North Mag Pole - DCF39 at peaks was some 25dB on what it has been over past winters  - but hows about DFCW 90 137.776 ish Delta 0.3Hz Dash high XPQ? The big tx loop has been inferior to the L400B probe on receive by about a dB s/n over the N Pole but again wave angles change - if I was to go into transceive mode I would use the probe - but there again Im a Part 5 station and all that.

 Ive not managed to get to Europe on Tx -as we have learned from others its a bit tenuous even though length isnt over 8K - makes it more interesting and a technical challenge - as it is Ive never ever seen a signal out of Europe that has been strong enough to detect by ear - CW may be possible with JA/VE7/W7 as Ive heard tone ID strengths from 7NI/TIL/SL and others.

I think only a handful of Eu stations have made to to KL7 on 137 over the past 10 years - G3AQC, G3LDO, DF6NM and DK7FC..may have missed one or two.

Ive left the Gear running on tx remote using JT9-5 for the whole of the daylight as we do have a path to the USA West coast stations this time of the year - or if the Sun flashes up with a flare weve seen daylight openings from here with XDW as far south as California.

Laurence KL1 X  WE2XPQ
A chilly Alaska morning