Re: LF: Antenna tuner

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Antenna tuner
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:27:30 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Depends on how much power you are going to use ..... 50 / 70 watts , you can get away with a big version of a top band tuner , parallel tapped tuner .....over this voltage / flashover becomes a problem for a end fed Ae , I use a top loading coil, seems to keep the atu voltage down ..

Over that , you need to use a auto transformer and series variable inductance , luckily most normal HF swr meters read at 500 , which makes tuning a lot simpler ........but if you cannot reach 1:1 , you could have harmonics , the swr meter , showing the reflected harmonics from the Ae load ..

A good reason to use a wide band swr metering system ... band only ones will miss out of band harmonics

At gb4fpr , feeding 200/300 watts in to the 600 ft delta loop, there is very little voltage in the tuner

73 -G.