Re: LF: WSJT-X v0.2, r2702

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSJT-X v0.2, r2702
From: Joe Taylor <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:08:27 -0400
Cc: pws <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

Hi PW,

DF3LP wrote:
Is there any kind of Unix/Linux code of WSJT-X available?

The code is open source. If you know what you're doing, you can download
everything with the command

$ svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/wsjt/branches/wsjtx

Found and got, tnx!

$ cd wsjtx/lib
$ make

Does not work since the "Makefile.linux" calls for code not included.
The targets are "lib65a, m65" instead of "jt9".

The "Makefile.MinGW" calls for quite different code and targets.
Unfortunately I have no experiences with "mingw" so I cannot
translate it to a Linux version...

I guess this is what I meant by "If you know what you're doing..."

I've taken the point of view that Linux users of my programs are generally more knowledgeable about program-building issues than their Windows-using counterparts. I make sure to have a click-to-install package for Windows, but not necessarily for Linux -- at least, not at first. There are no very significant differences between the required makefile for Windows/MinGW and for Linux. If you are interested in pushing further, I have placed a copy of the Makefile I'm now using to compile the library libjt9.a at
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/Makefile.linux .
In the present state of code in the SVN repository, WSJT-X can be compiled and run, including decoding of test files. Features for selecting a soundcard need some work.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT