Jays: LF: Re: conditions and what not to do

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Jays: LF: Re: conditions and what not to do
From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:29:56 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Jay - Thanks for the thoughts for my poor dead cap - the photo is after it failed and had been removed from the Tuning Rubbermade tub. No burns and it actually hadnt got more than warm but Im guess it failed internally on stress. Ive been trolling Ebay for replacements....

 I use the IR laser gun to watch individual component hot spots and hadnt seen anything untoward - the unit had been in storage since I closed XDW down in 2005/6 and it used to run warm but not particularly hot in Oklahoma so perhaps it just had had enough. The stacked 77's seem happy

 Still it pushed me to current share more - which is what I should had done in the first place - Im going to share a little more but series parallelling up some G2's which will help a little more. Tuning stability is good but Im still not happy with the 50 ft height of the loop at the far end and can probably go another 10.  We have snow on the ground and must act soon to get it up to the full height if possible before the snow depth makes access difficult.

The lake is already freezing but some ducks dont seem to have got the message yet. ...still conditions are fowl (sic) and it will be a little while or more before things improve.

 I couldnt hear any broadcast Russian or Mongolian stations on LW this morning at all...

Laurence KL1 X
Anchorage Alaska