Re: LF: GRRRRR!! Now i know...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: GRRRRR!! Now i know...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:39:54 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Roelof,

Thanks for your comments and nice to see you'r arround here :-)

Am 07.10.2012 17:04, schrieb Roelof Bakker:
Regarding strong signal handling capabilities of the antenna, are you sure that the JFET is the problem?
Not sure. Maybe it happens in the 2nd stage, i.e. the 2N3053. 4Vpp should still be managable.

You can try to increase the standing current in the output transistor or try a LPF between the first and the second stage.
This is the plan for the coming few hours :-)

Raising the supply voltage to 24 volt will also help; this depends on the transistor you use of course.
Yes, looks we have the same ideas :-)

I'm really looking forward to the new results. Thanks for your comments and suggestions. It makes me even more optimistic.

BTW What would this hobby be without having problems from time to time !!?? :-)

OK, the show starts now. Must go out before it becomes dark... Slept until 14 o'clock local today ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt