Re: LF: Annual course of hga22

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Annual course of hga22
From: pws <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 21:28:59 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Alan & Johan,

Thanks!

Johan wrote:
It is interesting to see the very abrupt signal drop in the morning, and how
well it correlates to sunrise, and compare it to the irregular return in the
evening.

Yes, apart from those sidereal dependent effects:
from May until October all day-light levels seem to be somewhat blurry.
May be it's an effect from temperature or thunderstorms ???

BTW: those data are from a system established in 1999 for observing the total solar eclipse at 75 kHz. I got the selective level meter from
Gary (dk8kw) and the computer is an old "laptop", Toshiba, I486,
~15 years old, running Linux kernel 2.0. That system still refuses
to die running 24/7 since 2003. Meanwhile the keypad is defect, but I
still can reach it via ssh...
So, watch it running:
http://df3lp.de/cgi-bin/hga22/show-hga22.cgi

Peter, df3lp