Re: LF: 630m Band Plan

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 630m Band Plan
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 08:23:11 -0000
Cc: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
FSK CW with a shift of 6 Khz, and a  sounder sweeping the entire band, These are TWO VERY ANTI  SOCIAL MODES.
I intend to work primarily CW or QRSS 3 - 20 QSO MODE  and not much slower and will pick a CLEAR frequency on the band for such
communications.
I do not intend to use UNATTENDED BROADCAST/BEACON MODES that cause needless and endless QRM to others wishing to communicate in  real time.
If there was a QSO version of OPERA that wouild be useful.
The band is only 7 Khz wide and due consideration should be afforded to all users and not swamped by endless UNATTENDED  BEACONS churning out repeative data for hours.
After years of experience especially on 160 metres the other MF band,  I am able to determine quickly what band conditions and propagation are like and proceed to engage in a QSO both near and far. I do not need any assistance from Beacons to work out band conditions.
This is how I intend to proceed as I do on all the other radio amateur bands also taking into account any sensible agreements to avoid QRM to other radio amateurs.   Others will have their own opinions

At present the 600 m band seems to be a playground for BEACONS in various DATA MODES and reception reports via INTERNET
with NO real time communications taking place except the odd CW QSO.

De G3KEV