LF: Re: Re: Re: MF CW QSO

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: MF CW QSO
From: "Bruce Morris" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:17:30 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Mal, tks for the QSO.
I have a massive carrier here spot on 501 which is making any reception on adjacent freqs v difficult.
Rx is a Redifon R408 with good MF sensitivity and excellent vbl bandwith filters but even then it was difficult to separate your sigs out.
The QSO was a bit tricky because I had to swap the Ae over between Tx & Rx.
Also, I had no sidetone just the clunk of the key and subsequent relays.
RST was nearer 229.
Source is a Marconi Marine Oceanspan 7 Tx.
The Tx is xtal controlled but has a LC osc as reserve in case the 500kHz Xtal goes down.
I have tweaked it up to 501.
Unfortunately the HT supply to the osc is not sufficiently stabilised so I am surprised you gave me T=9 despite the distinct birdie tone!.
The Tx has 3 x 807s in the finals running 800V at 80mA into an impressive variometer.
I am putting out abt 2 amps of RF into a LW Ae.

More work will be required to get a good stable signal out on 472 when we get it.

Rgds

Bruce  GW4XXF