LF: Re: Re: Re: Re: MF CW QSO

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Re: MF CW QSO
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 07:35:07 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Bruce
All those Marconi Transmitters were Chirpy in VFO mode, the T1154 was terrible to listen to slushing on/off in CW. How did they ever pass quality control !! in production.
The USA equipment at the time was generally very good Collins TCS 6 etc and the Amateur radio equipment was also good.
All equipmentIt is pretty good today, different technology and high quality components.
Most of my equipment for LF/MF has been home built although I now have some modified Decca Amplifiers in service.
Will look out for you again. I am active most days both on LF es MF but CW acty is poor these days compared to years ago especially on  137 Khz. MF might improve next year when everyone is on 472 -479
73 de mal/g3kev