Re: LF: DK7FC OFF THE AIR ?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: DK7FC OFF THE AIR ?
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 08:21:36 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan
I have an efficient antenna system for LF es MF and that does the trick. On
these low bands you need as much elevated wire as possible for reliable
results.
Unless a person is restricted for space the use of Micro probes, Ferrite
sticks, Match sticks, are a poor choice, Wire Loops as large as possible
would be a better compromise.
In my opinion Vertical antennas as high as possible  are best for LF es MF
resonated for the frequency of interest. Use insulated radials preferably
elevated above ground or lying on the ground but not bare wire buried
The above applies to Receive as  well as Transmit. Some active stations
although transmitting a good signal are having difficulty RECEIVING
properly.
and are normally in BROADCAST mode(BEACON MODE ) getting reports via
Internet.
I prefer QSO mode to get my report via Radio in real time.

de mal/g3kev