Re: LF: SDR 0..1MHz A oppertunity for design !

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: SDR 0..1MHz A oppertunity for design !
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 17:31:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Ok Joe

Well , I thought the race to LF/VLF was not very elegant as the solutions where going to be based round 'superhet' thinking , with the zero to ..... part of the band missing .. lots of designs where / are being posted with the its ok from 1>60 MHz

Using the ezcap dongel £10 , I have some very good results on VHF and would say that ssb on 433 MHz is better than my ft897 ... also at 70 MHz , 4 meter band , Rx is better than the convertor / ft897 set up .... now as if my set up is 100% , or not , its working just fine with 8 bit sampling .. especially when the affects of re-sampling are added by the demodulator software , starts to cast shadows on these $1000 sdr's

At the moment , the LF drivers are only Linux based , but im sure , windows version will be along soon, all that's needed is to connect directly to one of the pins on the ezeycap , cutting out the front end mixer (which reminds me, I must buy another one for LF )

Albertos' Idea is excellent as , you may even be able to simply use the development board / kit .that seems to have the USB link on board ...now as to how much that is .. no idea , but it certainly cuts down the development , I wonder how many educational kits will be requested , before some one starts to wonder ?

73 -G..