Re: LF: gas es oil cales

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: gas es oil cales
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:37:12 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal!

I live in an area (very Eastern part of Austria) which has GAS/OIL
resources. During the past two decades, it was common here to search for
new sources with the method you described.

As far as I know, those cables aren't carrying any kind of signal, but
rather they are used to transfer signals detected by probes
(microphones) to a central data-processing station.

The sources of this "noise" detected by the probes could be either
explosive loads, detonated in drilled holes up to some hundreds of
meters in depth, or vibrations generated by special machines. Those
machines are kind of Caterpillars with a big vibrating metal plate at
the bottom which is transferring mechanical vibrations into the ground.

>From the radiation patterns, picked up by the many probes (microphones)
which are connected via a mesh of cables, geologists can tell about the
position of a undiscovered potential Oil/Gas - field.

So as far as I know and have experienced, there is no threat to our
activities.

73
OE3GHB
Gerhard