LF: YV antenna to N/S

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: YV antenna to N/S
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 23:17:32 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello US LF stns,

Martin/YV7MAE turned his antenna towards N/S because he attempts to receive traces of LU1DOW in 5000km how is running QRO into a decent antenna that night.

We checked the performance of the new loop and it actually adds some dB S/N compared to the E field antenna which has to fight with heavy QRN from everywhere in that region.

So this would be a good change for the east coast stations to leave a first trace in a new continent. As far as i know VO1NA and WD2XKO are the only ones except me so far...

Will someone be on the air?

73, Stefan/DK7FC