Re: LF: Beacon to the west

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Beacon to the west
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 23:52:08 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Well Stefan, , from the previous qrss images, in the time window , OP32 has a very good chance of decoding in VK when the path is 'open' , the minimum decode level is round -38 dB for OP32 nd -32dB for OP8 , can be lower

EU> VK show a window of round 2 hours ... , that gives X 4 OP32 cycles

Inside this time OP32 mins or OP8 mins , only just over 50% of the data needs to be detected for a decode, the qrss plots OP8 has provided very good distances with low power, towards the end of the last 'winter' period , as yet OP32 has not been tested over extended range , but has provided reliable decodes inside EU , not decoded TA yet.

I would think you would have good TA results at the moment , from you previous test's , using OP8

Would need a few days to set up the RX chain as everyone is looking at 500/477 , but W1TAG is showing as monitoring 136

But the mode op8/op32 needs to be defined first as stations can only monitor 1 speed , (or run x 2 of the software , one set op32 , the other op8) OP4 is standard on 500/477

73 -G..

136  activity  in 25  hr

7L1RLL              7L1RLL                  2200m       OPERA   0 kms   22:32:11
M0PPP               M0PPP                   2200m       OPERA   0 kms   22:24:37
JH1ARY  JH1ARY  2200m   OPERA   0 kms   22:05:59
RN3AGC  RN3AGC  2200m   OPERA   0 kms   21:00:43
RW6MIT  RW6MIT  2200m   OPERA   0 kms   11:02:15
W1TAG   W1TAG   2200m   OPERA   0 miles 00:52:52