Re: LF: Text of MF-Allocation to German Hams

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Text of MF-Allocation to German Hams
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 00:16:47 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Uwe,

Are you QRV on MF as well? I'm asking myselfe how many stations are already listening on the band, and how many can transmit. Today we had massive lightnings here, no chance for any reception in the evening.
I already got several SWL (or MWL) reports via email but didn't work a German station so far. My hope is that there will be a lot of activity also be newcomers making the much smaller jump from 1800 kHz to 475 kHz which is just a factor 4(ish) in wavelength. The jump from 1800 kHz to 137 kHz is much harder, so maybe the majority thinks that there is no possibility for amateur radio on LF. But those who think they are hard men because they can work on "top band" may consider to try something new now. If they start to receive there and even hear someone calling CQ, that would be helpful i think!
BTW are you a CW man, will i hear you some day?

73, Stefan/DK7FC