Re: LF: Coupling a LF resonant ferrite rx antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Coupling a LF resonant ferrite rx antenna
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:22:48 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
PS: For a 50 Ohm output, just 2 or 3 turns on the out-coupling winding was the best choice for my ferrite antenna.

Am 28.06.2012 16:54, schrieb Stefan Schäfer:
Hi Daniele.

If your RX is successful enough, maybe a simple transformer works well.

Apply a test signal by using a loop, say 20cm diameter, inductively coupling to the ferrite. Then use a secondary winding which goes directly to the coax of the RX. Use a 50 Ohm resistor or an oscilloscope with a 50 Ohm input directly. Adjust the number of turns to get a maximum signal voltage on the scope. The match also strongly depends on the position of this secondary winding on the coil. The impedance becomes lower when you come closer to the center of the rod.

The will affect the Q of the resonated system. So you may build an arrangement which allows you to move and fix the secondary coil on the rod. If the signal is strong enough, maybe from a nearby BCD station, you can reduce the "gain" a bit. I have done it similarly with my active ferrite antenna, see https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/DK7FC_LF_p_active_ferrite_antenna.JPG

73, Stefan/DK7FC