LF: Blacksheep and Yahoo

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Blacksheep and Yahoo
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:43:19 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Mbld/1CM2joCk0NmB85mxh1wb2f3RJcXeiwI6Ujx9gY=; b=e6gtM9LZOEHvLfF0oVAafmUPwvHSEiKaFlrkH6ROHgYhKZ26puDFX64Ig1ytLbSoRs 33pvMKeHgiOsT4qKd9soc5rCc90x5YQWvvQHX0Km7njV4S6dxIfAKjNZpiV5Ilut2HQf RQkJd+6d522PN9d+vwLotBk9ZS6E+QFlyLoszhqI2/fjuXBFBd3DtDbtjRcScSydZy+S VcJSW3N+wgb3MTRz9m1kDI09ixR0xo7MyV28sl7hVIdIUWhfV/XTYN5qJOBDd/EKTQOl P1maycY6sEOGPrvCBkPTSRidAXfqdOzhpaKvsZ5v33GU4UUhvPXsHcbzayNinXO+1IZM 2NHw==
Sender: [email protected]
Just wondering how people think the current set-up is working? The recent poll suggested a large majority would be happy with a full migration to Yahoo, but we seem to now have a very messy split with postings in either place or both.

Personally I think we need to either:

(a) Keep day-to-day posts on Blacksheep and use the Yahoo group just as an LF/MF/VLF archiving facility where links, schematics, pictures and screenshots etc can be kept for the long-term i.e. not post day-to-day sked type messages on Yahoo.

or

(b) Fully migrate to Yahoo and close the Blacksheep reflector.

We all want the best way of communicating LF/MF/VLF news and information and we also want the ability to archive important and helpful data for newcomers and history. As long as this is achieved most of us don't mind how.

I proposed a full move to a Yahoo group as it allows both quick email type messaging and archiving. IMHO this is still the better option, but it is not my place to dictate what experienced LFers prefer.

Constructive and helpful comments please.

73s
Roger G3XBM

--
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/